|Definition:|| situation where equipment or components do not perform their intended function with respect to explosion protection|
Note 1 to entry: See also ISO 12100, Safety of machinery – General principles for design – Risk assessment and risk reduction.
Note 2 to entry: This can happen for a variety of reasons, including:
- variation of a property or of a dimension of the processed material or of the work-piece;
- failure of one (or more) of the component parts of the equipment, protective systems and components;
- external disturbances (e.g. shocks, vibration, electromagnetic fields);
- design error or deficiency (e.g. software errors);
- disturbance of the power supply or other services;
- loss of control by the operator (especially for hand-held machines).