|Name:||Block diagram (ISO 10628)|
|Content of information:||Description:|
The block diagram depicts a process plant by means of rectangular frames including the relevant inscriptions, interconnected by flow lines.
Mandatory content of information:
– Denomination of frames;
– Denomination of ingoing and outgoing material flows and energy flows;
– Direction of main flows between frames.
Optional content of information:
– Denomination of main flows between the frames;
– Flow rates of ingoing and outgoing materials;
– Flow rates of ingoing and outgoing energy;
– Flow rates of main flows between the frames;
– Characteristic operating conditions.
|Application area:||Process engineering|
|Activity area:||Requirements and dimensioning, Development, Functionality|
|Form of presentation:||D - Diagram|
|Applies:||D00002 (X Diagram) |
|Keywords:||block diagrams, overview diagrams|
|Source references:||ISO 10628:1997|